service providers can offer three types of vouchers only viz. Plan vouchers, Top up vouchers and Special Tariff Vouchers.
Should be used to enroll a customer into a bsnltariff plan and it should not provide any monetary value. However, free usage in terms of minutes/MB/ Number of SMS) for voice,
SMS, VAS etc.) can be offered in the Plan Voucher.
It will have validity. Customer can use this plan voucher to extend his plan validity and for migration from one plan to other.
Monetary value in rupees only should be offered.
It should not have any restriction on its validity or usage
Special Tariff Voucher:
It should clearly indicate the plan to which it is applicable, bsnltariff for different items and validity period (maximum 90 days only can be offered).
It should not provide any additional monetary value to the consumer.
Start-up Kit (SUK):
- RUIM is to be provided with Mobile number.
- Sale price of SUK (RUIM & Activation) –Rs. 40 (inclusive of all taxes).
- Base BSNLtariff plan in SUK kit.
Base bsnltariff plan: Only one Plan is offered as base bsnltariff plan for all CDMA products with the following terms and condition:-
- Sale of IFWT may be treated as stand alone sale of hardware and not to offered as a separate plan.
- The existing freebies of Rs.900 with sale of IFWT may be offered over a period of 9 months @ Rs.100 per month.
- The SUK price and Base bsnltariff plan as applicable to RUIM based plans will also be applicable for activation of IFWT.
- All other terms and condition of RUIM based plan will also be applicable to the IFWT.
- Lifetime plans will not be offered to new customers, but the existing customers will continue in the Lifetime plan with the MRC of Rs.200 every six months.
- All other IFWT plans and RUIM based plans in CDMA prepaid services are withdrawn and existing customers in these plans will be migrated to the revised plan.
Only one Plan voucher is proposed for all CDMA products is given as below.
GP I and GPII remain 15 days and 165 days.
For Assam, North East& J&K Plan charges is Rs.10 and validity 90 days. All other terms and condition will remains same.
Applicable for all CDMA Product.
TOP-UP Voucher :
The validity in case of all TOP UP/C-TOP UP/Flexi top up vouchers is to be revised to 0 days validity.
All existing Recharge Vouchers (RCVs) are withdrawn.
Special Tariff Voucher for Voice:
As per TRAI Regulation, there should not be any monetary value with STVs and validity of STVs should not be more than 90 days.
As such, the bsnltariffs of following STVs are modified as under:-
EVDO/NIC Data plan
- No change in EVDO/NIC hardware sale price.
- Activation charge of EVDO and NIC connection is renamed as SUK (Rs.250 for NIC and Rs.350 for EVDO). No separate SUK price for BSNL EVDO and NIC customers. If customer brings own data card, SUK price will be charged and no free usage value will be given.
- The base bsnltariff offered with SUK will remain the same at 10p/100KB (peak hour) and 5p/100KB (Off-peak hour). The initial validity available with activation will be 30 days.
- EVDO Data plans Rs.150, Rs.250, Rs.500 and Rs.750 will be offered as plan vouchers. 1X unlimited plan Rs.350 will continue with existing validity.
- EVDO Data STVs will continue with the existing terms and conditions.
In case of Assam, J&K and North East validity are to be complied with the instructions issued by TRAI
The BSNL has paased its necessary instruction to all its BSNL Telecom Circles about the revision in bsnltariff and customer can choose the appropriate plan voucher/ STV for continuation in their existing plan.
All other terms and conditions will remain same.
The above bsnltariff will be implemented with effect from 21.03.2012.