India’s most trusted telecom brand Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) announced to launch new improved E-mail services for Broadband customers at Free across the country in BSNL Value Added Services.
Main features of ‘XGENPLUS’ email services
- Provides 10GB email storage capacity per account.
- Users can access documents anytime and anywhere.
- Under this new systematic email services enables users to send SMS, Fax, Bulk emails, Instant messages through users email account itself. Highlighting BSNL ‘XGENPLUS’ email service features as,
- One time password can be used instead of regular password valid for 30 minutes.
- Without using any third party software for compressing image, this service allows image compact upto 25 per cent of the original size retains value of the image.
- Hide your information/file inside apparently harmless digital picture, automatically route emails and better for enterprise to send Bulk emails for marketing purpose.
- Subscribe to this advanced email service paying amount of Rs.50/- per month.
To activate this service by sending SMS from mobile phone type
- Send message ‘START M’ to 51123.
- As soon as you send the message, your account will be created on BSNL-XgenPlus and Rs 50 will be deducted from your balance.
- In a short while you will get an SMS with registration link for BSNL-XgenPlus email account.
- Clicking on the link will open a web-page. Enter your details (First Name & Last Name) and click on ‘Next’.
- On the next page, create your login id and password for BSNL-XgenPlus email account and click on ‘Next’.
- On the next page, you will have the option to fill 3 optional fields – Alternate email, alternate mobile number and Company url. You can either enter these details and click on ‘Next’ or click on ‘Skip’ to skip these details.
- This will complete your registration process and you will get a congratulatory message on the next page.
- At this stage, you will get a ‘Thank-you’ message for registering for BSNL-XgenPlus email account.
- You will get another SMS with IMAP, POP, SMTP settings for your BSNL-XgenPlus email account.
- Now you will be able to access your BSNL-XgenPlus email account either through your mobile phone or through web.
Un-subscription process for BSNL-XgenPlus email account
- Send ‘STOP M’ to 51123
- If you have a single BSNL-XgenPlus email account, then that account will be deleted.
- If you have multiple BSNL-XgenPlus email accounts, and any one of them is pending for registration, then that account will be deleted automatically.
- If you have multiple BSNL-XgenPlus email accounts, and none of them is pending for registration, then you will be asked for the account you want to delete.
- Alternatively, you can also send ‘STOP M YourLoginId@xgen.in’ to delete a particular account.
For more details visit at 'BSNL VAS'